You might have heard of Bulletproof Coffee. Basically it’s just coffee with grass-fed butter and MCT Oil mixed in.
The grass-fed (try to get organic also) butter is much different than regular butter, as a result of the cows’ diet. There are many more vitamins and Omega-3’s in grass fed butter. This is good fat, don’t be scared!
The MCT Oil is optional. Some claim it enhances the effects of the coffee, and doesn’t leave you jittery or crashing a few hours later. What we do know for sure, is that MCT Oil is extremely good for you. This type of fat gets processed directly by your liver, which means you get immediate energy and thermogenesis (increased body temperature).
Energy + fat burning, not bad huh?
And then of course you’re adding about 25g of protein to fuel your muscles.
How to Make Bulletproof S’Mores Coffee
Get ready for some of the most delicious coffee you’ve ever had!
- 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed (preferably organic) butter. Kerrygold is a great option
- 1-2 tablespoons MCT Oil (optional)
- 1 scoop Cellucor Whey (S’mores flavor)
- Hot coffee
1. Brew as much coffee as you need. I fill up a glass with water, and pour it in the coffee maker. Then I add just 1 spoonful of coffee to brew. You can do more if you want, but don’t make less than a glass or big mug. Otherwise the protein powder will not mix well.
2. Add 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed butter to your empty glass. **Do not put the butter in your coffee maker!**
Also add 1-2 tablespoons MCT Oil if you are going to use it. If you’ve never consumed MCT Oil before, start with just a teaspoon to assess your tolerance. Some people have reactions to it that will leave you in the bathroom all day.
3. When the coffee is done brewing, pour it into the glass. Stir the butter until it is all melted.
4. Add a scoop of S’Mores flavored protein powder, and stir well. It will take a little while, but the hot coffee helps it mix pretty nicely. (If you use Cellucor Whey, there will be tiny marshmallows at the top. Classy.)
Be prepared for your body temperature to increase! Hot coffee and the thermogenic MCT Oil will crank your body heat up, which makes this a great drink for winter.